fortunately, i've had plenty of time for much else. in the last month:
• i ate my weight in fried food and experienced political crop art at the state fair.
• i attended the races at elko speedway, which featured school-buses racing in figure eights and a truck towing a camper jumping over a ramp and through another camper, which was precisely as incredibly awesome as it sounds. and about 8000% more awesome than the weird aspiration-to-southern-baptist-redneck vibe of the crowd.
• we escaped the twin cities for a deeply excellent labor day camping weekend and returned only to find it turned, however briefly, into a republican-convention-induced police state. despite this, we got to see atmosphere, mos def and rage against the machine in concert, the latter being one of the best shows i've ever seen in spite of the fact that the street outside was closed off by riot cops.
• i commenced one bowling league, was memorialized by my boys in another, found a house to move to, went to roughly 500 different bars including one with a wall of 100 tequilas, finally stopped spending most of the day sweating thanks to the falling temperatures, and fell off a barrel.
• in addition, the twins gained then lost then gained then lost the al central lead something like six times; the vikings proved that, no matter what, you can always be slightly more disappointing than last week; arsenal lost horribly, won spectacularly, and won even more spectacularly; and the gophers hockey team deigned to sell us tickets for ten games in the next seven months or so, thus adding the hockey countdown to our already exciting moving and going-to-vegas countdowns.
• and, as you may have heard, the entire american economy is falling apart and my favorite author of all time committed suicide, which is just pretty awful all around.
despite this, however, it's been a month full of pretty much all ridiculous awesomeness, as, y'know, they tend to be. and fear not, friends, for i've been reading all y'all's blogeration fairly consistently. and, while work and the aforementioned burnoutish feeling may keep me from daily typing here, i'll be around. (and if you need a more frequent matty cash fix, there's always twitter and the book of face.) consider yourselves